Create new ticket¶
Go to MyCloud Dashboard, click Create () at the top of the screen to open the Help request () dialog box.
Alternative way to open a ticket
There is another way to create a ticket, go to Notifications & Tickets tab and click Create new ticket.
Select a Project () and a Category () of your request from the lists, type a ticket's subject in the Title () field, describe your request in the Message () box and, if necessary, add Attachments () to the ticket. When your request is well described (you can find our recommendations regarding making effective tickets a little below), click Open Ticket () - from this moment we are working on your request.
Specially prepared templates
Some categories being selected automatically fill in the Title field and the Message's box with an appropriate text. For example, if you select the Access Information request category, the Title will be changed to Access information and the message will be filled with the premade template, where you only need to select the necessary type of access. This template is helpful in 99% of cases, but if your request belongs to the other 1%, you can edit the message as you need.
How to make ticket effective?¶
An effective ticket will be considered, resolved and responsed faster that a ticket which does not contain the information required for a proper understanding of a client's request and working on solving this request. If you want to get our assistance quickly, make sure that your ticket match these effective ticket attributes:
- The issue is described in detail
- When you are contacting a support team you usually have a certain question or problem in mind. Try to describe the situation in as many details as possible. Make it simple, so anyone could understand what’s wrong and what bothers you.
- We know how to reproduce the issue
- There is a rule stating that “to fix the problem, it should be reproduced first”. If you explain how to reproduce the problem step-by-step, we’ll be able to repeat it faster, thus come up with a solution faster.
- The required access to additional services is provided
- If you would like us to fix the issue in your store, which is related to the additional services (DNS, mail service, Google services and etc.), it’s obvious that we will need access to it. Providing access along with your request will save a lot of time. An access to additional services can be provided here.
- Screenshot/link/video is attached
- Sometimes it’s hard to describe what you see with words. If the problem is visible, show it to us by providing us with screenshot/link/video. It will help us a lot.
- Last changes are described
- In case you have any information on the changes you made to your store recently (during the last three days) which may affect the server load and website accessibility, please, let us know about that. Your explanation will greatly help us take the right measures to settle the current situation.
Open tickets, Closed tickets, News & Announcements¶
Go the Notifications & Tickets tab and click one the Open tickets/Closed Tickets/News & Announcements buttons to see the appropriate lists of the tickets.
Here you can find the open tickets with requests that has not been resolved. It is recommended to open a separate ticked for each request (one request = one ticket). Check open tickets to see messages and create a reply: type your message in the special textbox and click Submit - done, your message is sent .
We close ticket, when request from open ticket is completely resolved and there will be no cooperation between our team and a hosting client in this ticket. If you have a new request, just open a new ticket.
If there is important news or announcements we want you to be informed about, we will send you a notofocation here. Big planned server updates coming soon? Special offer? New products? You will know about it in the News & Announcements.
If you have a problem, need assistance with tweaks or a free consultation, if you just want to discuss your project with experts and estimate the outcome, if you're looking for a solution that reinforces your online business, we will help. Contact us via MyCloud.