Email service for business by Amazon Web Services.
- Email for your domain;
- Web based email interface;
- Access to mail through any application from mobile devices or computer;
- 50GB of storage per user;
- Enterprise-Grade Security;
- Amazon WorkMail is a paid service and costs $4 per user per month. The trial period is 30 days and includes free 25 users;
More details at Amazon WorkMail.
Setting up Amazon WorkMail¶
- Create an account at Amazon Web Services. The registration process is easy, it requires a credit card with 1$ on it.
- Sign in to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Select WorkMail from the list of services. Select the closest region.
- Click Get started.
- On the Set up your organization, select Quick setup.
- Enter the organization name. The organization will be created in about 5 minutes. When the add-on is Active, you can open the organization.
- Now you’ll need to connect your domain. Open the Domains section. Click Add domain.
- Verify domain ownership. You will need to add a new TXT record. We registered our domain in GoDaddy, so we add new records in the GoDaddy account.
- Access the DNS control panel, where you registered your domain or where you manage your DNS. Add a record as Amazon requires.
- Click Check verification.
- At Finalize Domain Setup step, add a few more records. You should add records to the DNS panel of your domain registrar.
- Good. We just connected the domain.
- Now you need to create a new mailbox. Open the User section.
- Create a new mailbox.
- That’s it. Now let’s check to make sure all is fine. Open the Organization settings section and find the URL next to the Web application.
- Open the web version of your email and sign in to your mailbox.
- Now you have a fully-functioning email. Try it out to make sure you can receive and send emails.
Connecting Amazon WorkMail to CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor¶
You can connect Amazon WorkMail to CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor using the SMTP server.
- Log in to the admin panel of your CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor store.
Navigate to Settings –> E-mail. Fill in the settings of the SMTP server.
- SMTP host:
SMTP host of your region:465
- SMTP username:
Email address associated with your Amazon WorkMail account
- SMTP password:
- Use Encrypted Connection:
- Use SMTP authentication:
The host must match the AWS Region where your mailbox is located. You can find the SMTP settings in the Amazon WorkMail user guide: IMAP & SMTP settings 3. Check to make sure that the email is set up correctly. The easiest way to do that is to change the settings of your profile. Once you save the changes, you should get an email notification. 4. That’s it. Now you have email by Amazon WorkMail.
- SMTP host:
If you have a problem, need assistance with tweaks or a free consultation, if you just want to discuss your project with experts and estimate the outcome, if you're looking for a solution that reinforces your online business, we will help. Let us know through MyCloud or email.