Amazon SES notifications (outbound) email requirements¶
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a cloud-based email sending service designed to help digital marketers and application developers send marketing, notification, and transactional emails with high deliverability.
To support high deliverability and good reputation of your emails, we monitor bounce and complaint rates. Spam and hacker attacks can be a reason for disabling SES for your domain :( Also, you should send emails only from domains, which you have permission for.
Spam or bulk emailing to any database/lists gotten illegally is prohibited.
Spamer/hacker can automatically submit a registration form on your website where the “First name” field will store a link to an external website or text, the “Email” field will contain an email address where the spam message is sent to. This is considered as spam.
Don’t send emails from example.com or domains which you don’t have permissions for.
Requirements for using SES for your domain¶
- Registration forms
- Checkout forms
- "Invite my friends" or something like "email a friend" forms
- "Contact us" or "Comments and reviews" forms
- Or similar features where a user of a website or application can generate emails to random email addresses they enter.
Disable “Subscribe to Newsletter” form (subscribe_form). How-to
- Disable “Share via E-Mail” (share_by_email.send). How-to
- No spam or bulk emailing to any email database/list gotten illegally.
- If a user files a complaint on your messages (or unsubscribes), you will no longer send them any emails. We will inform you on it via MyCloud.
If any of the rules from this list is broken, you will be informed of it and SES will be disabled for your website.